Real-time Monitoring and Remote Troubleshooting of Production Lines
Most turnkey plant equipment providers in Taiwan are therefore actively committed to the provision of smart manufacturing services and the incorporation of smart, digital elements into their machine designs to meet demands associated with the aforementioned issues.
Establishment of an Internet of Machines (IoM) as the Foundation of Smart Manufacturing
All manufacturers share a common demand for a firm grasp of machine utilization information, scheduling, and production progress. Turnkey plant equipment providers in Taiwan strive to achieve the goal of collection of production information for relevant equipment and real-time detection of machinery status through the adoption of IoM. This enables clients to implement predictive maintenance of equipment and real-time status monitoring.
In addition, production equipment management and production data analysis represent a key prerequisite for cost reduction in the manufacturing sector. Retrieved machinery information and parameters are therefore provided to supervisors at all levels of production departments for visualized display management through compilation, organization, calculation, and analysis:
1. These displays provide a firm grasp of the real-time status of machinery in different plant areas and work centers. If machinery malfunctions set off alarms, coordination with on-site managers or employees is initiated to ensure timely inspections and troubleshooting and thereby guarantee improvement of machine operations and process capabilities.
2. Information pertaining to utilization of personnel or equipment within a certain period can be analyzed based on machinery parameters and information retrieved on a daily basis. Personnel utilization information facilitates adjustment and allocation of manpower resources and enhancement of in-plant employee efficiency, while machine utilization information assists production departments in the improvement of capacity utilization rates through scheduling optimization. It can also serve as a reference for machinery maintenance and repair to enhance equipment availability and stabilize manufacturing quality and yield rates.
3. Sales, Asset & Material, Production, Warehousing, HR Departments gain a firm grasp of machinery in all plant areas and work centers and real-time production progress via IoM. Information pertaining to currently manufactured products, work orders, on-site operators, and completion rates is extremely valuable for cross-departmental coordination and satisfaction of delivery time demands.
The adoption of IoM generates the following additional benefits:
1. Firm grasp of cross-plant real-time status of machinery
2. Optimization of capacity utilization through interval utilization analysis
3. Transparent production progress and coordination of in- and off-plant production tempo
Remote Monitoring Operation Modes for Big Data
As for remote cloud monitoring of big data pertaining to production lines, two commercial service modes are adopted in practice:
The first mode relies on public cloud services and open connections back to turnkey plant equipment service providers who rely on these services for the provision of remote monitoring services, machine health tracking records, and synchronized preventive maintenance suggestions to prevent impacts on production lines.
The second mode relies on private cloud services, managed independently by manufacturing business operators.
Refinement of Smart Manufacturing Capabilities for Actual Production Lines
If you are determined to invest efforts and resources in the creation of smart manufacturing capabilities, it is highly recommended that you start with the creation of a cross-plant IoM to facilitate the reinspection and reintegration of relevant processes pertaining to inquiries and quotes, production scheduling, in-plant manufacturing, interactions with contractors, and warehousing & delivery. Relevant information must be aggregated and integrated to achieve interoperability of interfaces of heterogeneous systems. A down-to-earth and pragmatic attitude is a key prerequisite for gradually increasing control of machinery and personnel utilization, capacity utilization rates, quality management, process and skill improvements, production scheduling, work order execution status, on-time delivery of orders, and operating costs.
We firmly believe that the continued intensification of efforts in the promotion and implementation of smart manufacturing will be highly beneficial to your business by stimulating upgrades, transformations, and qualitative changes. This will also gradually widen the gap between you and your competitors and enhance your overall competitiveness.